All companies need a place to store their backups offsite and recover quickly in the event of a critical outage or disaster. It’s also stipulated by auditors as a clear risk to the business if such DR plans are not in place or tested regularly. However, not everyone has a second site, available capacity or spare equipment to recover to, or the personnel or resources to implement an effective disaster recovery strategy.
Shift F7’s Cloud Connect offering from Veeam makes it easy for customers to extend their existing backup infrastructure to our ISO 27001 Datacentre for added protection. Clients can continue to control their on-site back up environment (with our help if required) and we provide the offsite data repository in a secure environment managed within our accredited processes and environment.
Shift F7 delivers powerful and reliable features and functionality to help you avoid the risk of catastrophic data loss. With our Veeam Cloud Connect offering you get:
• Hosted offsite backups: Get your backups offsite to a hosted our cloud repository through a secure SSL connection and no additional Veeam licensing required if you use Veeam already with and no limit to the amount of data stored.
• Complete visibility and control: Access and recover data in hosted backup repositories directly from the backup console; track cloud repository consumption and receive reminders for hosted storage renewals
• A modern backup architecture: Leverage Veeam’s modern backup technology, including Backup Copy jobs with Built-in WAN Acceleration, forever incremental backups, GFS (grandfather-father-son) retention policies and more―all built into one product
• End-to-end encryption: Rest easy by encrypting all data at source (before it leaves your network perimeter), in flight and at rest, without negatively impacting the data reduction ratios of built-in compression and WAN Acceleration.
In the event of disaster, you can restore entire VMs, VM files, VM hard disks and VM guest OS files from the cloud in several clicks.
Additional Shift F7 options include:
• Ability to store duplicate copies of your server backups in two data centres to protect your data from widespread events
• Access to physical server and storage infrastructure and even off site facilities at our datacentre and offices to aid recovery should your normal site or equipment fail
• 8 weekly test cycles where we proactively stress test the infrastructure and its recoverability
• Access to dedicated, experienced and highly skilled data recovery experts
For those clients that have Hosted and Managed Services in one of our Datacentres, we can also offer disaster recovery services to another datacentre to ensure continuity of service.